By the end of this topic you should be able to:
– Describe the human nervous system in terms of the central nervous system and the peripheral nervous system which together coordinate and regulate body functions.
– Identify motor, relay and sensory neurones.
– Describe a simple reflex arc and a reflex action
– Describe the action of antagonistic muscles.
– Define sense organs
– Describe the structures and functions of the eye.
– Distinguish between voluntary and involuntary actions.
1) Watch this video carefully
2) Read about neurones.
3) Let´s work with the booklet, page 10:
a- Draw and label the two types of neurones which are not described
b- Answer questions 1 and 2
5) Finally, complete exercise 3)
Take a look at this presentation!