Let´s start with the second unit: Organisation of the organism
The fist topic is CELL STRUCTURE.
The cell is our body´s basic unit.
By the end of this lesson you should:
-Describe and compare the structure of a plant cell with an animal cell, as seen under a light microscope.
– State the functions of the structures seen under the light microscope in the plant cell and in the animal cell
1) Labelling animal cells: Play this animation and study the structures of the animal cell
2) Labelling plant cells:: Play this animation and study the structures of the plant cell
3) Construct a Venn diagram and show the differences and similarities between animal and plant cells. Include ribosomes, mitochondria, rough endoplasmic reticulum and small vacuoles.
4) Take a picture of the diagram and post it on your blog.
5) On the same post, state the functions of the structures in the plant cell and in the animal cell.