OSMOSIS IN POTATO STRIPS
Post all the results in a new post in your blog. Include the title “Movement in and out of cells”, Osmosis in potato strips.
– Potato strips were placed in two petri dishes for 24 hours.
Petri dish 1: Distilled water
Petri dish 2: concentrated solution
– Remove the strips from the containers and observe the appearance.
– Take pictures to record the results and describe the changes (macroscopic)
– Search the web for pictures to show the changes in the cells. (microscopic). Explain the appearance in the cells placed in the concentrated and diluted solutions.
– Do plant cells burst? Explain