Let´s start a new topic!
All mammals have a CENTRAL NERVOUS SYSTEM and a PERIPHERAL NERVOUS SYSTEM. The CNS is made up of the brain and the spinal cord. The peripheral nervous system is made up of nerves and receptores.
The NEURONES are special cells which coordinate the messages travelling through the nervous system.
- ANATOMY OF A NEURONE: Watch THIS video!
- Act: State how the structure of a neurone is related to the function.
2. TYPES OF NEURONES: Read «overiew of neurone structure and function from HERE .
- Act: Make a labelled drawing of each of the three types of neurones, motor, sensory and relay, and state their functions.
- Act: Post a short video explaining synapse.
- Act: Describe in your own words how nerve impulses are transmitted from neurone to neurone.