A multicellular organisms , such as a person, needs a transport system to move substances around the cells. In the human body, a transport system consists of:
- The heart
- Blood vessels: arteries, veins and capillaries
- Blood: components and functions
The heart and circulation
- Read pages 4 and 5 from THIS LINK and play the animations.
- How does the heart work? Watch the video!
- INVESTIGATING HEART DISEASE: click on THIS LINK to learn about the angiogram and the ECG.
- Let´s learn more about arteries, veins and capillaries.
The structure of each of them is related to the function.
- Take a look at the worksheet we did in class and click on THIS link!